Saturday, January 16, 2010

Flat Iron Steak


My father and mother-in-law came in town yesterday, and I must say that we had such a delicious supper last night: flat iron steak. This was my first time cooking a flat iron steak. To be honest, we rarely have steak simply because it is such an expensive purchase. However, I bought this cut at my mother-in-law's suggestion. The flavor of the meat was wonderful, and get this, one steak fed four hungry adults for a mere $6.50. I marinated the meat for about six hours and then grilled it for 20-30 minutes. YUM! Just thought I would share this recent find with those of you who have yet to discover it. It is such a versatile cut, the meat was very tender, and Jonathan really enjoyed it. We'll be having this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment