Saturday, January 16, 2010

Fresh Apple Pound Cake

My in-laws dropped of a brown grocery bag full of fresh apples from an apple orchard they visited last week. I have tons of apples so I was busy looking for some yummy apple recipes when I found this one on Tasty Kitchen. You know how I love The Pioneer Woman. Well, this is her new website where viewers can submit and find recipes. It's awesome!

This is called Fresh Apple Pound Cake. It's really yummy. Not very appley (is that a word). Not too coconutty. (Definitely not a word). Just really nice and light flavor. I really liked it!

FRESH APPLE POUND CAKE

Ingredients:
* 1 1/2 cups Vegetable Oil
* 2 cups Sugar
* 4 whole Eggs
* 3 cups Flour
* 1 teaspoon Salt
* 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
* 1 teaspoon Vanilla
* 1 cup Chopped Pecans
* 1 cup Coconut
* 3 cups Chopped Apples

Preparation Instructions

Mix the oil, sugar and eggs well. Add flour, salt, baking soda and vanilla. Mix until smooth and blended completely. Fold in pecans, coconut and apples.

Pour into a greased and floured tube pan. Bake for 1 hour at 275 F. Increase oven temperate to 300 F and bake for another ½ hour.

***I don't know if it's my oven or my bundt pan or what, but I ended cooking mine at 300 for an additional hour, not just thirty minutes. My recommendation is to check the cake with a knife and back until knife comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment