Saturday, January 16, 2010

Pumpkin Spice Cake

I just love the Fall and all the yummy and smelly-good things that go along with it! I am a big fan of all of the pumpkin-flavored things that come out this time of year: pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin spice chai, pumpkin bread, and have you ever tried Pecan Pumpkin Butter from Williams Sonoma? That stuff is incredible.

I have tried making pumpkin soup.

Night.mare.

I'll have to share that story another time. But, all I am seeing are visions of orange mush. Spilled all over my mother's minivan. It was tragic.

However, here is a delicious and simple recipe I tried last night involving pumpkin that is fool-proof, easy, delicious, and low in fat. I

I made this pumpkin-spice cake yesterday, and it is delicious! Try it sometime. Seriously, it couldn't be simpler.

Pumpkin Spice Cake

Ingredients:

1 box of spice cake mix
1 can of pumpkin
1/2 can of water

Directions:

Combine all three ingredients in a bowl and mix until smooth. Pour into your favorite cake pan. (I used a bundt!) Bake cake according to the directions on the box, let cool, and serve. For a beautiful display, sprinkle with powdered sugar.

This cake is so good, so moist, and just perfect for Fall. It's a great breakfast or dessert or mid-day snack! Oh, I love pumpkin!

P.S. Have I mentioned that when I was growing up, my family got on a kick where we named all of our pets after food? My first dog, a Sheltie, was named Pumpkin. It's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment