Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Our Favorite Snack: Homemade Popcorn

Last night, Jonathan made some homemade popcorn for us to snack on while we watched LOST! (Can you believe this is the last season? I'm so sad and yet still so confused at the same time).

Sigh.

Anyway, I snapped a few pictures as he was cooking, planning to do a step by step tutorial of how to make your very own homemade popcorn. However, I had a pure stroke of genius earlier today because I have decided that I am just going to VIDEO TAPE Jonathan making popcorn so that you can see how simple it is to do this in your own kitchen, using just a simple pot with a lid, and some very simple and predictable ingredients.

I regret to say that I don't have the video yet. I will try to talk the hubs in to making more popcorn tonight, but I WILL give you a few teasers.

First, the ingredients:



Oil and popcorn kernels.
Let me add a must-have: SALT. Make sure you also have salt on hand.


Second, the results:






UMMMMmmm!!! Once you make this, you will never settle for out-of-the-bag popcorn again. We were so blessed to have some friends introduce us to this method of making popcorn and we have never looked back! I'll be back with the video, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment