Friday, June 4, 2010

Fresh Strawberry Muffins

Yes, I AM still alive and kicking over here.  I apologize for the lack of posts, but we've had some traveling, sick kids, potty-training, and plain ole life going on in the Bradshaw household.  For more on that, you can check out our family blog.  Anyway, I came across this recipe on my friend Amber's blog called This Mommy Cooks.  Amber posted this delicious recipe for Fresh Strawberry Muffins, and it immediately stood out to me because I had an entire pint of strawberries just about ready to rot that I wanted to use up.  Ta-da!

Nora and I spent some time together baking these delicious muffins, and they are just wonderful.  They do taste like muffins, but I also think you could call these Strawberry Short Cake Muffins because that is exactly what they taste like!  Whip up some cream and instant Strawberry Short Cakes!

Do yourself a favor and make these soon.  I had everything on hand and didn't have to make an extra trip to the grocery.

Fresh Strawberry Muffins
makes 12 muffins

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened (I used unsalted.)
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries (or more....the more the better)
3 teaspoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 

Directions:
In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg and mix well.
In a separate, smaller bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt together. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to butter mixture, ending with milk. Add vanilla. Gently stir in strawberries.

Spoon batter into greased or paper lined muffin pans.

Combine sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over muffins.

Bake at 400º for 18-22 minutes.

***These are totally my new fav!  I want to try them with raspberries too, because if you haven't noticed, I am obsessed with raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment