Sunday, February 5, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Dip

It's Superbowl Sunday!  Although I wish the Saints were playing again this year and feel that they were ROBBED of being in this year, I am excited to go watch the game with our dear friends from Care Group.  We are having a potluck of sweets and dips and all good football food, and I can't wait.  I love snack foods...it's my favorite type of gathering because you get a great variety of lots of different foods.  Chips and dips.  Brownies.  Cookies.  Veggies and more dip.  YUM!  Can't wait!

Anyway, tonight I am bringing my new favorite dip:  Buffalo Chicken Dip.

I have been slightly obsessed with Buffalo sauce since my last pregnancy.  Jonathan and I even split some wings for lunch today after church.  Anyway, I heard about this dip and tried my hand at it for the first time for a Christmas party.  It was gone in a matter of minutes and I have been waiting for an excuse to make it again.  I'm sure you and your friends will love it too!


Buffalo Chicken Dip


Ingredients:
2 (8-ounce) cream cheese blocks, softened
1 cup Ranch dressing
3/4 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
1 rotisserie chicken, deboned and chopped (or a package of boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and chopped)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
chips or crackers for serving

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, Ranch dressing and hot sauce until smooth.  Fold in chopped chicken until combined.  Pour into a greased baking dish.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.  Return to oven and allow to bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and dip is bubbly.  Serve hot!


**** For the Christmas party, I served the dip with Fritos and I also cut up carrots and celery into sticks to serve with it.  I thought this was a way to make it seem like Buffalo wings.  Also, you could have a small dish of Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing for extra dipping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment