Friday, July 16, 2010

Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken

SO, the husband has just recently started a diet.  I won't go into the details, but basically I am going to be cooking some meals for just the kids and myself for the next several weeks.  Can I tell you how hard meal-planning seems to me, now?  How do I fix meals for 1.5 people?  I guess it'll be like going back to our newlywed days!  Anyway, I came across this crockpot meal over at Easy Meals for Busy Moms, and it sounded delicious.  For one thing, I love all things that include the words Hawaiian.  Barbecue.  Chicken.  Another thing, I love using my crockpot, particularly on busy days.  When I saw how unbeLIEVably simple this recipe was to throw together, I knew I had to give it a try.  So I did.  I will have to say that it's not my favorite crockpot meal, but it was pretty yummy and definitely worthy of making again.  Give it a try and tell me what you think!

Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken

Ingredients:
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  (I used three large breasts, trimmed and cut into six smaller breasts)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 tsp mustard
1/2 cup crushed pineapple w/juice  (I only had a can of pineapple chunks in juice.  I used 1/2 cup juice, then added about 1/2 can of pineapple chunks.  I will do this again, instead of using the crushed as recommended).
1/2 cup brown sugar

Directions:
Place chicken in bottom of slow-cooker.  In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.  Pour sauce over chicken, and cook for 4-6 hours on low.  If you don't have time for the crockpot version, cook in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes.  Serve over rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment