Monday, August 2, 2010

Easy Easy Crockpot Italian Chicken

The other day I defrosted some chicken breasts to cook for the kids and I one night over the weekend.  Well, as our weekend unfolded, I realized that I wasn't really going to have time to cook a meal, unless I used the crockpot.  Another problem seemed to unfold because I realized that I still hadn't gone to the grocery store since we've returned from our trip to New Orleans, so I had to come up with some way to cook the chicken breasts in the crockpot with things I already had on hand in my pantry.  So, here's what I did.  Seriously simple!


Easy, Easy Crockpot Italian Chicken

Ingredients:

1-2 lbs, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (I'm sure you can add any other dried or fresh herbs that you like)
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:  Place chicken in bottom of crockpot.  Pour spaghetti sauce over chicken.  Add garlic powder, oregano, and other seasonings.  Stir a bit to combine.  Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

***I let mine cook all day Saturday.  After church on Sunday, I put the chicken and sauce in a large skillet and heated it up, breaking up the tender chicken into pieces.  Meanwhile, I boiled some whole wheat rotini pasta, then combined the chicken and pasta covering it with mozzarella and parmesan cheese.  It was delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment