Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Chocolate Banana Muffins

I saw these muffins on the Easy Meals for Moms blog first thing this morning.  I realized that I have two overripe bananas and everything else that this recipe called for, so I immediately made plans to make these babies.  They are in the oven as we speak.  I'll let you know how they are, but:  Chocolate.  Bananas.  Muffins. 

Yes PLEASE!!!!

I just know they will be divine!


Chocolate Banana Muffins

Great for a snack or breakfast! 

Chocolate Banana Muffins (adapted from Cooking Light)
Makes 8 muffins

1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 medium mashed ripe bananas
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 350°.
Combine sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy (about 2 minutes). Add applesauce and bananas, beating until blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.

Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Combine flour and remaining ingredients stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to egg mixture; stir just until combined. Pour into greased muffin pan cups. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan after a few minutes and cool on rack.  Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.


*** I made 12 mini muffins and also got 7 large muffins out of this recipe.  Maybe I didn't fill my muffin pans up as much as I should, but I definitely got more than 8 muffins out of this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment