Thursday, September 23, 2010

Chicken & Creamy Chive Sauce

This is sooooooo one of my favorite meals!   It is absolutely delicious, and I am going to put this under the "fancy" category because it calls for white wine in the sauce which totally knocks it up from everyday to "fancy" (in my opinion, anyway).  This is a crockpot meal, which makes even better for busy mommas like me!  I love to cook this on a busy day, and I have also been known to put it together before church on a Sunday morning so that it is ready and waiting for us when we get home.  It's a great meal to serve to guests as well!

Chicken & Creamy Chive Sauce

Ingredients:

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts  (approximately 1.5 lbs.)
1/4 cup butter
1- 0.7 oz. package of dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 can condensed golden mushroom soup (very important to use GOLDEN mushroom)
1/2 cup dry white wine
1/2  of an 8 oz. tub chive/onion flavored cream cheese

Directions:

Place chicken in slow cooker.
In a small saucepan, melt butter.  Add dressing mix, soup, wine, and cream cheese.  Stir and heat on low-medium heat until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are combined well.  Pour over chicken. Cook 4-5 hours on low in slow cooker.  Serve over pasta.

***You can easily substitute chicken broth in place of the white wine, BUT I think the wine adds a great kick to the flavor!
***For an even fancier touch, snip fresh chives over the chicken and pasta before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, my! I just made this tonight, and upon Justin's first bite he said, "Holy crap! I hope we have some more of this!" It is so good.

    ReplyDelete