Friday, October 29, 2010

Honey Curry Chicken

This is an oldie, but a goodie!

I first saw this recipe on the GirlTalk Blog several years ago, but I never had it until a friend from church brought us this delicious chicken dinner shortly after we had Nora.  To be honest, this was my first experience with curry.  We instantly fell in love with this yummy chicken, and when I got the recipe in my hands and saw how simple it was to throw together, I knew it would be an instant family favorite.  I'm sure several of you have come across this recipe before, but if not, give it a try!  So yummy!

Honey Curry Chicken

Ingredients:

1-2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/3 cup butter, melted
1/3 cup honey
2 Tablespoons yellow mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon curry powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a shallow baking dish, arrange chicken pieces.  In a separate bowl, combine butter, honey, mustard, salt and curry powder.  Pour over chicken pieces and bake 30 minutes, or until chicken is done.  Baste several times during cooking. 

Serve over hot white rice. 

***The sauce on this chicken is SO delicious.  You could even double the sauce to make sure you have plenty for pouring over your rice or broccoli or bread or just to slurp with a spoon.  Seriously good.

No comments:

Post a Comment