Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Strawberry-Banana Smoothie

My kids LOVE smoothies!  Actually, Liam thinks any cup with a straw is the coolest thing ever, but since we get to drink smoothies with a straw and they taste so darn yummy, he's extra happy about that.  Here is my go-to "recipe" for smoothies.  I use quotation marks because it is hard for me to measure exactly how much of everything I use, but you can get the gist of it and make it yourself!  It'll taste great, believe me.

Strawberry-Banana Smoothie

Ingredients:
1/2-1 banana, ripened
3-5 strawberries, depending on the size and how much you would like
orange juice
ice, 4-5 cubes

In a blender, combine ice cubes, banana, strawberries and about 1/2 cup of orange juice.  Blend until smooth. 

Tip: I like to make sure my ice cubes are closest to the blade, that way they get chopped up really well.  Also, I often throw in whatever fruit I have lying around: blackberries, blueberries, peaches, etc.  It's a great way to get fruit into their system!

Another favorite thing:  We have a Bullet.  It's a miniature blender that makes individual sized drinks, and that is what I typically use when making smoothies.  One Bullet cup is perfect for my two kiddos to share.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment