Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Poppy Seed Chicken

Image from myteenytinykitchen.com

Oh, this recipe is satisfying a pregnancy craving BIG TIME!  I was first introduced to this dish when I moved to Jackson, MS, for college, and I instantly fell in love.  It is definitely a casserole, but it is so comforting and delicious and buttery.  Oh, I can't wait til mine gets out of the oven.

Poppy Seed Chicken

Ingredients:
3 cups chopped, cooked chicken breasts
1 can cream of chicken soup
8-10 oz. of sour cream
3 teaspoons poppy seeds
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crumbled

Directions:

First: I boiled nearly 2 lbs. of boneless, skinless chicken breasts in water with salt and pepper until the chicken was cooked and cooled.  Then I cleaned and chopped the chicken.

Place chopped, cooked chicken in a bowl, add chicken soup, sour cream and poppy seeds.  Stir to combine.  Pour chicken mixture into the bottom of an 11x7" greased casserole dish.  In a small bowl, combine crumbled Ritz crackers and melted butter.  Pour over chicken mixture.  Bake for 35-40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

Serve over rice.

Adapted from Southern Living.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment