Monday, November 15, 2010

Ooey-Gooey Bars

Ooey-Gooey is how I was first introduced to this yummy dessert, but you may know it by it's other names:  Ooey Butter Cake, Chess Squares, etc.  Either way, this dessert is delicious!  It's a long time family favorite of ours that I remember learning to make back in junior high or high school.  Add it to your menu sometime soon, and I promise it will become a family favorite for you too!

I made these last night for my husband's brand new office that is opening up today!  Last night while he was away at the office finishing up last minute details, the kids and I were at home.  I so badly wanted to be there with him, but couldn't.  So, what did I do?   I baked!  I figured every new office crew needs a little sugary goodness to get them through the first big day.

Ooey-Gooey Bars

Ingredients:
1 box of yellow butter cake mix
1 stick of butter, melted
1 egg
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
1 8 oz. bar cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 box of Confectioner's sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a medium bowl, combine dry cake mix, one egg, butter, and pecans.  Mix together with a fork, then press firmly into the bottom of a 9x13" pan.  Then, in another bowl, blend together cream cheese, two eggs, and Confectioner's sugar with a mixer until smooth (approximately 2-3 minutes).  Pour cream cheese mixture over cake mixture.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 40-45 minutes until lightly browned.  Allow to cool slightly before cutting into small squares.  Refrigerate if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment