Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Fingers

I saw this recipe on the back of a Bisquick box, and I thought I would love to try it and see if the kids love it.  My children love chicken fingers, and this was a yummy recipe that was baked instead of fried AND it included cheese!  I mean, HELLO!? I whipped these up last night for supper and it was a huge hit.  The kids enjoyed chicken fingers along with macaroni and cheese and green beans, while JB and I cut our tenders up and served them on top of a delicious Caesar salad! Two wins!

I adapted the original recipe just a little bit, but it's basically the recipe on the box.  Give it a try! Chances are you have a box of Bisquick in your pantry.

Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Fingers

Ingredients:

1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
2/3 cup Original Bisquick mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions:

Heat oven to 450 degrees F.  Line cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.  In a medium bowl (or in a gallon-sized ziploc bag) combine Bisquick mix, cheese, salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika.  In another small bowl, beat egg and add milk.  Stir till combined.  Dip half of the chicken strips into egg mixture, then place in the Bisquick mixture to thoroughly coat each strip.  Place chicken on cookie sheet.  Repeat with other half of chicken.  Drizzle melted butter over chicken.

Bake 12-14 minutes, turning halfway through baketime, until no longer pink in center.  (My strips were pretty thick, so I ended up cooking mine about 20 minutes total).

Servings: 4

No comments:

Post a Comment