I saw this recipe on Tasty Kitchen just last week, and I instantly purchased the ingredients to make it. Seriously, it couldn't be easier, and we loved it.
Four ingredients + Crockpot + 6-8 hours = BBQ heaven!
Check out the original post here, or follow this easy recipe:
Hawaiian BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, defrosted
- 1 whole onion, roughly chopped
- 1 can (20 Oz. Size) pineapple (I used a small can of crushed pineapple and its juice, and a small can of pineapple chunks with the juice drained. I wanted a variety of pineapple sizes, not just all chunks. Altogether, I had approximately 20 oz. of pineapple. I will do it this way next time too).
- 1 bottle (18 To 20 Oz. Size) BBQ Sauce Of Your Choice (I used Sweet Baby Rays).
- Hamburger Buns Or Kaiser Rolls
Place chicken in bottom of crockpot. Add onion, then pineapple, and finally cover with the entire bottle of barbecue sauce. Once you are finished with those four exhausting steps, put the lid on a cook on low for 6-8 hours. At hour 7, pull chicken breasts out and shred meat, putting chicken back in the sauce afterward to finish cooking.
Serve on buns. We also had baked beans and some veggie chips with our meal! E-Z!
**Check the original post for other ideas on sauces or using frozen chicken and different recommendations with the pineapple. Above is how I prepared our Hawaiian BBQ Chicken! We loved it this way and will have it plenty more in the future!
Can I just say: CROCKPOTS RULE!