Sunday, October 23, 2011

Coming Back from the Ends of the Earth

Okay, so I confess to the obvious that I have TOTALLY dropped the ball on my cooking blog.  Not that an excuse is needed, but I had a baby in June, and cooking hasn't been high on my priority list.  I mean, I cook, but I haven't had the excitement and drive to cook and try new things.  I have had some weeks here and there where I was really motivated to make some good, more difficult meals, but for the most part, I just haven't had the umph like I used to.  So, I am hoping to change that soon.  I need to be better about meal planning, not just throwing whatever random things I have in my pantry and fridge together.  It's Fall which brings about my favorite season to cook because I am all about soups and chowders and chili and comfort food.  I enjoy baking (easy-ish things), and there are just some wonderful seasonal recipes out there.

I have recently been inspired by Pinterest.  Have you been there yet? It's amazing...and addicting....and amazing!  I have pinned a ton of recipes and I am finally making myself get my act together so I can try more than just two of them.  So, I am going to start taking baby steps toward Motivation-land by making a meal plan for this week.  It will only include three meals because what I am planning to make will easily leave leftovers for us, but I am going to include a few breakfast items I have been wanting to try as well as a dessert (or two).

So, here is my Menu Plan for this week of October 23-28.

Monday:  Pioneer Woman's BBQ Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes and Broccoli
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday:  Chicken Lasagna with Caesar salad.
Thursday: Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls with roasted potatoes and green beans.
Friday: Date Night

Breakfast Treat: Sticky Bun Breakfast Ring
Baking Treats: Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins and Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies.

The breakfast ring and muffins are new recipes, so once I have tried them out for myself, I will post the recipe and my take on how they turned out.  Also, the only new meal recipe I am trying are the ham and cheese crescent roll ups which I could probably make without a recipe, but it's an idea I saw on Pinterest.  I'll post about that later too.

So, let's see how this meal planning turns out for me!  If it works, I may post my meal plans more often because I think it would give me a bit of accountability.  I know of many people that plan their entire month of meals out, but I am not to that point yet.  Maybe one day, but Baby Steps, people, Baby Steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment