Monday, August 22, 2011

Marinated Mushrooms


Confession:  I haven't always liked mushrooms.  There is just something about their texture that I am not absolutely crazy about.  However, my husband LOVES mushrooms, so in the past seven years I have tried to develop a liking for them, and for the most part I have succeeded!  Now, I still refuse to eat them raw and I don't particularly love having them on my pizza, but I do eat mushrooms on pasta, hibachi, or some other yummy dishes where the mushrooms are cooked down and really soft. 

One of my favorite dishes as of late is a homemade Mushroom Swiss Burger.  UMMMMM.  I wish I had one right now.  Jonathan is burger king in our home.  Seriously, I cannot tell you the last time I mixed up hamburger patties!  So, we basically take his outstanding hamburger, melt some swiss cheese on top, and serve them with some marinated mushrooms.  They are dynamite!

Here is my Marinated Mushroom recipe which is perfect for our Mushroom Swiss Burger, but these would also be great served along a delicious steak!  These are so incredibly easy to make, so give them a try, even if you only like mushrooms a little bit.

Marinated Mushrooms

Ingredients:

Fresh mushrooms, washed and sliced any way you like
Butter, unsalted
Dale's low-sodium seasoning

Directions:  In a shallow baking dish, place prepped mushrooms.  I usually purchase two square packages of mushrooms that you find in the refrigerated produce section.  They are usually already cleaned, but sometimes I do have to cut them up to be the size that I would like them to be. 

Pour enough Dale's seasoning over the mushrooms so that they are all coated.  I think I typically use about 1/3-1/2 of the bottle for one batch of mushrooms.  As they cook, the mushrooms will release a lot of their water and the sauce with become much thinner and increase in volume. 

Finally, cut a few pats of butter and set on top of the mushrooms.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.  Pour over hot hamburgers, a grilled steak, or a steaming spoonful of mashed potatoes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment